Vintage Amusements
Instant Access to Pictures
Music in KCMO
Scans of KS & MO Concert Tickets
Contact
Vintage KS & MO Yearbooks for Sale
Pictures from Kansas & Missouri Yearbooks

Search Website
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rolling Stones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OldKC.com Forum Index -> Music in Kansas City
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Rolling Stones Reply with quote

I saw the Stones play at Arrowhead Stadium in 1975. It was the "Tour of The Americas" tour. If I remember corectly Black Oak Arkansas was one of the opening acts. They came out on horseback. Another opening act was Rufus featuring Chaka Kahn. Did anyone else see this show?
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,

Here's the lineup that I have:

The Rolling Stones with Billy Preston, Rufus with Chakka Khan, The Eagles with Joe Walsh - Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, MO) - June 6th, 1975

Are you sure about BOA? I mean, I hate to challenge a guy who remembers a guy with hair down to his bum taking the stage on a pony. I just want to be sure for the accuracy of the database.
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Rolling Stones Reply with quote

Nope. Not at all positive. I did see BOA come out on horseback at a stadium around that time though. Thought it was that gig. However I did notice you have that show listed on the site as Royals Stadium and I am sure it was at Arrowhead. I will dig around and see if I can get some clarity.
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,

You were right about it being Arrowhead and I have since corrected the database.
TKofKC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Stones Concert Line Up Reply with quote

The line up on this show was The Gap Band, followed by Rufus with Chakka Khan, followed by The Eagles with Joe Walsh and then the Rolling Stones with Billy Preston.
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the scoop!
KCRules!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was the last time they were here? I mean in Kansas City, not St. Louis or Chi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OldKC.com Forum Index -> Music in Kansas City All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: