Vintage Amusements
Instant Access to Pictures
Music in KCMO
Scans of KS & MO Concert Tickets
Contact
Vintage KS & MO Yearbooks for Sale
Pictures from Kansas & Missouri Yearbooks

Search Website
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Classmen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OldKC.com Forum Index -> Music in Kansas City
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: The Classmen Reply with quote

Got this note from a friend last night:

Quote:
I got to meet the Original Classmen last Saturday. They did an acoustic performance at a record store in Shawnee. I got to talk to all four members, but talked extensively with both Doug & Drew Dimmel & both were very cordial. Anyway, some facts that I didn't know about them; They were primarily a four man group; Denny Garner-Lead singer & keyboards, Dave Cowden-vocals & Lead guitar, Drew Dimmel-vocals & Bass, Doug Dimmel on drums. I had always thought they were a five man group & were for a brief time, but I guess the guy didn't work out so they went with just the four. They released five singles between 1967 & 1972 & all on the Pearce record label ( their recording studio was in some caves out here by me on Truman Road & 291). They are; Julie/Any old Time, Michelangelo/His Girl, Graduation Goodby/ Doin' Me Right, The Yang Yang/ Poor Poor Johnny & I can't remember the 5th. I asked Denny how long it took him to write their big hit, Graduation Goodby & he said about 45 minutes. Three of the guys went to Van Horn & the other band member went to Truman high school. And Drew & Doug both got to see the Beatles when they played Kansas City.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OldKC.com Forum Index -> Music in Kansas City All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: