Vintage Amusements
Instant Access to Pictures
Music in KCMO
Scans of KS & MO Concert Tickets
Contact
Vintage KS & MO Yearbooks for Sale
Pictures from Kansas & Missouri Yearbooks

Search Website
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Streetcar Named Desire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OldKC.com Forum Index -> Restaurants in Kansas City
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich N Famous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: A Streetcar Named Desire Reply with quote

Again, apologies if I've missed an existing topic thread.

The "original" (I think) version of ASND (on Main, somewhere between 49th and 51st IIRC) had an actual streetcar built into the facade of the location. Inside, low lights, seating on couches and a cheesy painting of Frank Sinatra (with lots of FS on the jukebox).

The cheddarburger was the best burger ever, anywhere, (although Harris House later had a fairly good copycat version). From coast to coast to coast, I've never found its equal.

For whatever reason, they moved out of that location. Looks like they're now in Crown Center. Probably still a good burger, but it can't be the same w/o the ambiance of that first place.

Now, one other totally unique burger experience, the Little Angus @ about 41st & Broadway. Counter seating, the rudest waitresses in the known universe, but...a massive (very good) charburger, (very good) fries and coke for $1.25 !!! At that price, even poor little Rich could afford to leave a tip so the waitresses wouldn't kill me with their "scanner" stare next time I came back.

I see from this article in The Pitch that Little Angus is no more.

http://blogs.pitch.com/fatcity/2009/06/did_you_ever_eat_a_thriller_bu.php

Ah, well, too good to last.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OldKC.com Forum Index -> Restaurants in Kansas City All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: