Vintage Amusements
Instant Access to Pictures
Music in KCMO
Scans of KS & MO Concert Tickets
Contact
Vintage KS & MO Yearbooks for Sale
Pictures from Kansas & Missouri Yearbooks

Search Website
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old West Town

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OldKC.com Forum Index -> Amusement Parks in Kansas City
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Old West Town Reply with quote

Received this message from a visitor:

Quote:
When I lived in Kansas City during 1961-1963, my parents took us to a small park, I belive on the Kansas side that had a small, kid-sized village (might have had an Old West theme to it) that I loved to crawl around it and climb onto. Do you know what park this was?
docmartn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Old West Town Reply with quote

dt wrote:
Received this message from a visitor:

Quote:
When I lived in Kansas City during 1961-1963, my parents took us to a small park, I belive on the Kansas side that had a small, kid-sized village (might have had an Old West theme to it) that I loved to crawl around it and climb onto. Do you know what park this was?

There used to be an Old West Town playground at Antioch Park in Shawnee KS. I don't know if the buildings are still there. I used to play on them as a kid in the early 70s and they were still there as of the mid-80s but they were pretty old.

http://www.jcprd.com/parks_facilities/map_antioch_park.cfm
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc,

Thanks for taking the time to sign up and share what you know about the park. I shall add producing some images of the park to my to-do list.
JC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Antioch Park is correct. They had a "Boot Hill" with tombstones I think and a saloon and jail.... There was a small pond with small fish in it too. A giant rocket slide (you climbed a spiral stair inside the rocket to the top where slide took you back to the ground). Fun place for a kid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OldKC.com Forum Index -> Amusement Parks in Kansas City All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: